– I’ve had a strong entrepreneurial spirit since I was very young. When I was 7 years old I started the ‘Erin Detective Agency’ and found missing items for family members (for a fee, of course). As I got older, I continued my natural ability to lead. Whether it was as a powder puff football quarterback, the President of the Student Body in college or as a member of the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce’s ‘Leadership Raleigh’ program; I’ve always had an entrepreneurial mind.After stints as a production manager for a group of weekly newspapers and as an art director for a large ad agency in Silicon Valley, I took all that I had learned and started my own design company, e design. Having been in business for over a dozen years now, itâ€™s clear that clients appreciate my design aesthetic, respect for deadlines and the ability to turn virtually any idea into a work of art.
In addition to making my clients look good, I can be found volunteering for The Lucy Daniels Center, The Shepardâ€™s Table Soup Kitchen, Mary Phillips High School and other amazing organizations that are near to my heart. I also enjoy playing kickball with my husband and friends and single-handedly supporting the coffee industry.
- Lover of typography
- Started a detective agency at 7 years old
- Grew up as an Army brat
- Voted “Most Humorous” in 8th grade
- Coffee is Erin’s comfort food
– I’ve had a strong engineering sense ever since I was young. I can’t remember a time when I wasn’t trying to figure out how things were engineered. I think it all started when I was 4 years old and I disassembled my aunt’s cuckoo clock (reassembly was a massive failure, but I still thought it was fun!). I remember getting my first computer and programming in CP/M and having an awesome Commodore Vic-20 that saved programs to an audio cassette tape! I have been a nerd for as long as I can remember.I have a Computer Science background, but along the way I’ve also had various jobs in IT, networking and Software QA as well (this is something my guidance councilors would have said makes me “well-rounded”).
Apple has been an important part of my life for many, many years. I attended aÂ polytechnicalÂ college that was located next door to Apple Computers (i.e. “The Mothership”)Â in Cupertino, CA. I repaired Macs while working through college and have been known to convert hundreds of people to purchase Mac computers instead of PC’s. When the iPhone came out, I immediately learned everything I could about developing apps and have been doing so since ’08.
- Knows shorthand
- Is a big nerd but has social skills
- Has over 50 thumb drives
- Loves junkfood but hangs out at Whole Foods
- Buys at least two boxes of Dark Chocolate Dove Bars a week